Public Service Announcements
Date Added: Thursday, May 9th 2013
Date Added: Thursday, April 18th 2013
See all PSAs.
- Libya Rally
- Sat, Feb 26 2011 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Parliament Hill - Ottawa
Our current game plan is to coordinate a National Day of Action across Canada on Saturday February 26, with the main protest being held on Parliament Hill. We believe by uniting our efforts nationally, we will capture the attention of our politicians, the media, the Canadian public at large, and the international community. With one voice, we will articulate our demands:
- Establishing a no-fly zone to prevent Gaddafi from using the air-force against the Libyan people.
- Calling on the United Nations Security Council to take decisive action and invoke Chapter 7 to stop the massacre of innocent civilians, and deployment of International Peace-keeping troops.
- Ceasing any military or security aid to Libya;
- Facilitating the delivery of medical supplies and aid;
- Calling for the resignation of the Libyan ambassador to Canada and his senior diplomats;
- Indicting Gaddafi for crimes against humanity and trying him in the International Criminal Court.
- The immediate deployment of U.N. troops to confirm reports of crimes against humanity.
- Freezing any assets belonging to Gadaffi and senior officials;
- Assisting Libya with rebuilding efforts once the regime has fallen.
We hope to see cities across Canada join us, whether at home or in Ottawa. Should the regime fall by Saturday, the event is still on, but it will be a celebration and remembrance of those Libyans who have fallen. Canada, see you on Saturday February 26.
- Parliament Hill - Website
- 1 Wellington Street
- K1A 0A6